We are thrilled to see many of our products and designers peppered through the pages of Canadian House & Home’s November 2011 issue, which also happens to be a celebration of this fantastic publication’s 25th Anniversary. In addition to new market features and editorial spread, the editors of House & Home took a stroll down memory lane to capture some of their favorite interiors, quotes, and moments in the magazine’s history. In one feature titled, “The Honour Roll”, the magazine captures memorable quotes from some of the world’s top designers, including our very own Thomas O’Brien who said the following in the April 2004 issue in regard to art and accessorizing:
“One thing I ask clients to tell me is what they don’t like. People are much clearer about what they don’t like than what they do. Make a list of the things you know you don’t want, and let that help define the things you do want. If you can’t describe exactly what you want, you can at least eliminate a lot of things.”
I have found that I often take this same approach in my own life when I don’t have a super obvious choice. Whether I am determining what to have for dinner or what type of chandelier I want to hang in my living room, I often go through my dislikes before I determine my likes.
So, let’s hear it. What do you absolutely dislike when it comes to interiors? What are your go-to items that make you feel like you’ve gotten it right every time?
3 comments:
When the art is chosen specifically to match the fabrics in the room. That's not art--it's wallpaper.
I dislike anything that is too matchy-matchy. Mix it up! Have fun with antiques, new items, and custom pieces.
Post a Comment